- Enchanted Rock, Ltd. founded to focus on technologies at or close to the point of electric consumption.
- Electranet Services, LLC founded by Thomas McAndrew and Clark Thompson to consult on electranet technologies including distributed generation (DG), distributed storage and load controls.
- Hurricane Ike hits, ushering in new demand for backup power.
- ERock designs generation assets and develops the reliability as a service microgrid concept for Municipal Utilities Districts (MUDs).
- ERock builds the first reliability as a service sites at MUDs – 10MW.
Partnership with NRG.
- ERock designs and develops 50 MW of reliability microgrid sites for the City of Houston and Coastal Water Authority.
- ERock signs independent financing agreement to design, develop, build and operate 160 MW of Merchant DG sites.
- Start of EPC company
Executes 20 year reliability contract with GCWA for their Industrial Water Pumping Station
Executes 20 years reliability contract with GCWA for their Thomas S. Mackey Water Treatment Plant
ERock builds 167 MW of Merchant DG Assets
Network Ops Center and QSE Operations installed
- First full year of Merchant DG Operation
Development of natural gas microgrid concept: On Demand Electric Reliability ™
- Executes first On Demand Electric Reliability ™
- ERock signs independent financing agreement to design, develop, build and operate 100 MW of natural gas microgrid customer sites
To date, ERock has executed over 50 MW of natural gas microgrid customer contract at 46 different sites across Texas.